The rise of on-demand digital healthcare
When you think of ‘on-demand,’ you think of consumers who want things at their own convenience, on their own time, and wherever they happen to be; A son living in New York wants the capability to search and choose an assisted living facility for his mother living in Florida. The healthcare industry is entering the era of digital innovation, as patients seek on-demand healthcare because of their busy schedules.
People have simply become far more mobile in the past decade. Mobility is the name of the game, and recent statistics show that more than 50% of all web browsing in the world occurs on mobile devices as of 2018 (to be exact, 52%).
Factor in that more than four billion people globally are on the Internet and you can start to see the possibilities that digital transformation in healthcare offer.
According to DMN3, consumers are going online to obtain medical information for the following reasons:
- 47% research doctors
- 38% research Assisted living, nursing homes & other health care
- 77% book medical appointments
Companies such as Senior Service Maps – an online marketplace that links Searchers with senior care providers for care for their loved ones – are making it easier for senior care providers to provide on-demand healthcare to clients in specific circumstances that match their care packages, expertise, and schedule. In other words, care providers themselves become on-demand healthcare providers to better meet the changing needs of their patients, another benefit of digital transformation in the healthcare industry.
Covid-19 impact on forcing Healthcare onto the digital
Nursing homes have halted visitation rights from families and non essential personnel. This has stopped discharges from nursing and rehab facilities, residents have not been able to visit potential and more affordable assisted living facilities and in stead have been stuck paying higher nursing home cost well after they are eligible to be discharged.
Online platforms like ssMaps.com have made it easier to facilitate transitions from nursing homes to assisted living facilities and even moving back home with home care. Social workers and families can do virtual tours of potential assisted living facilities, contact owners, negotiate pricing and move-in dates.
This current pandemic had facilitated a shift in how the industry will function going forward. Protecting our senior population is at the upmost importance and shifting the industry to more digital healthcare practices is at the top of the list.
Join our network and receive referrals.
1. After you subscribe we email and text you unlimited referrals with no referral fees!
2. We have a dedicated referral text line where you check in weekly for new referrals. Text us at 410-929-3897 (assisted living, home care, and other medical referrals)
3. After you subscribe create a custom web page on our site; Social workers and families can contact you directly from our site. If you need assistance creating your page one of our staff members can create your page for you.
4. We will Assign you a placement coordinator that will work with you directly to help you get new clients.
Comments are colsed