Virtual Activities for Seniors
By: Latonya Tilghman
Providers of an assistant living facility are always focused on the resident. Core values are in place to ensure their safety and medical concerns are met. Providing a place with reliable care and that is comfortable enough for residents to call home is prominent in this industry. The quality of your services provided in the facility has a big impact on your residents’ satisfaction. This impacts their quality of life. The goal is to keep your residents happy to avoid them from moving in the middle of their long-term care plan. Residents and their family members have been dissatisfied with nursing homes due to the lack of care, and service. Residents have been mistreated and they have packed up their belongings and moved to another facility or home with relatives to care for them. Quality management is important to manage retention. The quality of care for residents that require psychological support can be complex. Do not ignore their needs. A simple step of providing a form of adult day care activities would help. With the issues that we face during this uncertainty with COVID-19 you can arrange virtual trips for seniors.
Golden Carers posted on their site Streaming Events and Virtual trips
Live Streaming Daily at
- 3:00pm The Cincinnati Zoo hosts “Home Safari” live streaming via their facebook page and their YouTube Channel
- 7:30pm Eastern Standard time the Metropolitan Opera steams performances.
- Interactive tour of 4 of America’s National Parks
- Interactive tour the world’s largest cave: Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- Tour The Vatican
- Virtual trip to the Great Wall of China
- Check out the live camera of the Pandas at The Atlanta Zoo
- Live Cameras at The Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Visit Sea World and ride the Mako Roller Coaster
- Virtual Camping Trip at KOA
Other virtual activities:
- Lunch Doodles: Doodling class from the Kennedy Center’s Artist in Residence at Home with Mo Willems
- Galapagos Islands National Geographic Expedition on their YouTube Channel
Senior Service Maps was created by a senior care provider, in conjunction with senior care discharge planner, to provide a free streamlined search for families and other social workers in their quest for care/services for Seniors in need. We at senior service maps pride ourselves on removing the middle man; no more referral agencies pointing you in the direction of the highest bidder! Here, you can view provider’s pages, take virtual tours, schedule appointments, and get pricing information, all directly from the provider.
If you are having trouble with your decision or cant find a facility on our directory – Click Get help link and one of our specialist will contact you.